We’re working hard to “wrap” up our Sweet 16th birthday contest, and pick the winners…
(NON-SPOILER ALERT! Reading this blog post won’t give you any clue as to who the winners are… sorry… But we’ll be announcing the winners on 3/20/2013!)
We received 639 different words of wisdom. Some of them were cheesy, some cliche, some poetic (even rhyming!), and some serious and mature. All of them made us proud of our awesome and creative guests!
But before we tell you our 16 favorites (we’ll do that next Wednesday, March 20th!), we want to show you 16 of the shortest ‘n sweetest pieces of advice you guys sent to us in honor of our Sweet 16th birthday. This wasn’t a contest about brevity, but if it was… this would be our top 16!
1. Kiss someone!
2. Stay in School.
3. You’re only in trouble if you get caught.
4. Keep your hands at 10 and 2 on your burrito.
5. A burrito without guac means you’ve surely run amok.
6. Remember that somewhere, deep inside, we all can fly.
7. Don’t eat a buffalo burrito and drive. You might spill sauce.
8. Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake. And burritos!
9. A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You can’t go anywhere till you change it.
10. He who buys smoothie does not choke on burrito. (boloconese proverb)
11. Burrito Life Philosophy: If you try to stick too many things in, it will all overflow.
12. There’s no ill that can’t be cured with some fresh guacamole and a cold milkshake.
13. You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose.
14. Experiencing culture isn’t just about where you go and who you meet, it’s about what you eat.
15. We don’t stop creating inspired burritos because we grow old. We grow old because we stop creating inspired burritos.
16. Speak softly and carry a big burrito, you will go far if you are never hungry… (adapted from the words of Theodore Roosevelt)
Don’t forget to check back for when we announce the WINNERS on Wednesday, March 20th! Who will win the trip across the world??